|Image from Lindsay's Blog|
Here in the country, not much is known about this wonder fruit aside from being eaten. We are even ignorant about the nutritional values of the fruit, while on other countries, lots of research has been discovering benefits of the avocado comparable and sometimes even exceeding those of olives. Many are even surprised to hear that the avocado fruit contains oils.
- Avocado oil can cause an increase in soluble collagen in the skin. Primarily, collagen is well known to make the skin look fuller and firmer. It is commonly used in anti-wrinkle treatments, but with avocado oil, you wouldn't need those treatments. Even wounds would heal more quickly because of this action.
- Low level UV protection. It can protect the skin from harmful effects of the sun's radiation. Aside from the fact that it can bounce off the sun's rays a bit, its oxidizing effect on skin if they get exposed to sun is immensely helpful preventing tissue damage.
- Skin nourishment. The avocado oil is easily absorbed by the skin. It penetrates the deep layers of our skin leaving it nourished, soft, and silky.
- Prevents stretch marks. For expecting mothers, as early as 4 months in pregnancy, dab a generous amount of Avocado oil in your belly daily after shower. This not only makes your skin more elastic, but promotes the acceleration of cell multiplication, growth and rejuvenation. Stretch marks are actually scars from torn layers of skin because the baby grows faster than the skin can accommodate. Avocado oil lets your skin handle the stress and damage it undergoes during pregnancy. No more depression over your tummy after giving birth!
- It contains an assorted number of vitamins and minerals good for the human body. It has 11 different vitamins including vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K, around 14 minerals including potassium, iron, phosphorus and copper, as well as other beneficial compounds like lecithin and chlorophyll. Put all of these in your skin and let it get absorbed, you're bound to have beautiful skin.
So go get some avocado oil for your skin. You will love what it will do for you and your skin. Its gonna be worth your investment once you feel and see what it does for you.
Check out Casa de Lorenzo's Avocado Oil.